Ok, so I won't lie ... I haven't been up on the campaign ads because I've been a little too busy to watch much TV - but I saw two of John McCain's ads in the last twenty minutes, and dear word, was I disappointed. And more than a little nervous.
The first ad I saw was in reference to the current condition of the economy. He said that Obama's inexperience and empty words are a detriment to this country - and then defended his own experience and ability to bulldog the economy back to where Americans want it by saying that he has "faced tougher enemies in the past" or some such nonsense. So Senator McCain, the way I understand it, you're using your status as a veteran of the Vietnam War and a surviving Prisoner of War as making you able to fight the "they" who ruined our economy. Dr. Nuño mentioned that if we did not bail out Freddie and Fannie, maybe Americans would have decided to vote for new leaders (I think people would be too busy trying to make ends meet by any means necessary to get too politically involved). According to this logic, doesn't McCain's experience work against him? At least Obama hasn't been in the Senate long enough to be a main reason for the clusterfuck that the economy faces. McCain, on the other hand, with his years and years of experience (of bailouts, handouts and pork barreling to corporations) has plenty to answer for.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment